Our Pedagogy & Methodology
- We recognize that the first five years of a child’s life, is the time of enormous growth in linguistic, conceptual and social competence. We strive to nurture the whole child: physically, emotionally and socially.
- Our preschool pedagogy focuses on ‘learning through play’. Play provides children with the opportunity to explore, and interact with their environment. The environment itself challenges the child and encourages him/her to investigate, discover and create.
- We believe that Early Childhood learning should be largely experiential, imitative and sensory-based. Our teaching philosophy also believes in fostering the key partnerships between children, their families, our team and the community.
- Gingle Kids Early Learning Centre believes that effective pedagogy in the early years is a combination of both adult led and child initiated activities, allowing children to develop across all seven areas of learning and development.
- At Gingle Kids Early Learning Centre children will have the opportunity to learn through exploration and investigation during adult led and child initiated activities.
- Children learn effectively when they are provided with opportunities to play and explore, be actively involved in their learning and can create and think critically as this allows children to be motivated, engaged and thinking for themselves.
- To ensure that children can develop these skills for lifelong learning, we at Gingle Kids Early Learning Centre, will develop a long-term plan which will consist of several different topics that change every few weeks. Although this plan will outline topics for exploration, the length of the topic will depend on the children’s interest, the age and stage of the children etc.
- Field trips and visits will also be arranged, where appropriate, to further extend children understanding areas of learning and visits and trips will be suitable for the age and stage of the children within the setting.
- Through play, the children in our setting will be able to explore and develop learning experiences which help them to build sense of the world around them, express themselves, process information and acquire knowledge and master skills. Within the Early Years Foundation Stage, children at Gingle Kids Early Learning Centre will experience a wide range of play opportunities which will allow them to be involved in hands-on learning.
- At Gingle Kids Early Learning Centre, our teaching methodology is it to show the respect for the child and at the same time values the role of families, teachers, community and the environment.
1. Preschool Program – 3 to 4.5 year
2. Kindergarten Program – 4.5 to 6 year